With Covid-19 keeping things “fluid,” we’ve decided to go ahead with our annual hike trip because this year, our efforts are needed more than ever. That being said, we are making lots of Covid-related allowances for this trip. We’ll be working with an outfitter that’s part of the REI brand and will be adhering to their Covid-19 policies. REI’s current policy allows all guests to transfer or cancel reservations without penalty; for a list of full policies please click here. We’re also offering single occupancy bedrooms for an additional $135 for those who’d prefer it. Currently, Arizona does not have any travel restrictions, but we recommend checking your local state guidelines before booking travel arrangements.
How it Works
We know new things can be scary. Don’t worry! Team Friendship will be at your side every step of the way. We’ll be more overprotective than a first-time mom at preschool orientation day.
- Upon registering, you’ll receive a personal fundraising page (yay!). It’s not your name on a building (yet), but it’s still pretty cool.
- Next, you’ll get a training plan and weekly emails with training tips, tricks.
- And of course, we won’t leave you out in the cold when it comes to fundraising. We’ve got tried-and-true fundraising tools and methods, which we’ll share with you in our fundraising guide.
And while you’re out there training and fundraising, we’ll be taking care of all this stuff so you don’t have to worry:
- Lodging: We’ve got you covered.
- Food: From breakfast to snacks to midnight treats, it’s all taken care of. Come hungry!
So, the hike schedule looks a little bit like this, but just a lot more magnificent in real life:
Team Friendship will conquer mile after mile of the Canyon hiking through magnificent views! Arizona Outback Adventures will guide the trip ensuring a safe and accomplishing experience.
- PACKING- Each hiker will be sent a detailed packing list to ensure easy and light packing.
- LODGING- The team will be staying at the Yavapai Lodge.
- BATHROOMS- There will be facilities in designated areas alongside trails, and at the campsite as well.
- WEATHER- The time period of the hike is generally during Arizona’s colder season. Nevertheless, we recommend that you please plan and prepare accordingly by checking the weather in advance. See here for more info on cold weather hiking.